You are probably every excited to plan all of the essential details of your wedding. You have drafted the plans of the theme, the dress, the colour scheme of the entire event, food, decor and everything that matters. However, first and oremost, you have to complete the things that you will need for the ceremony itself. From the marriage license to your choice of song for the wedding march; everything must be laid out to avoid unnecessary hassles.
Depending on your faith and wedding style, the ceremony essentials may vary. Below are basic necessitites for a wedding ceremony.
- Marriage License. Some wedding officiants will not perform the ceremony without legal papers, so make sure that you have it.
- Wedding Rings. It is part of the tradition. Exchanging rings has been a must since centuries ago. They are the symbols of your commitment as a couple.
- Personalized Wedding Vows. Some religions allow personalized vows, while there are others which do not. If they are allowed, create your vows and ask the officiant to secure a copy until just the right moment.
- Wedding Readings. Even if you have given out the readings to your readers, it is best if you have another copy at the ceremony. There is nothing that works better than being ready when an emergency or lost copy happens.
- Ceremony Music. Set the romantic atmosphere with appropriate music choice for your event.
- Wedding Program. While these are optional or can simply be part of the wedding invitation, wedding programs do give your guests a gist of the sequence of the ceremony and know who’s who is participating.
- Flower Girl Basket. This is for your little girls scattering petals as they march down the aisle. Depending on your theme and floral choices, these baskets should look stylish and fun.
- Ring Pillow. If you have a ring bearer, a ring pillow will be necessary to prevent the rings from rolling out as he comes down the aisle.
- Bouquets, Boutonnieres, and other Flowers. Wedding bouquets, bridesmaids’ flowers, petals for the flower girls, boutonnieres for the groom and groomsmen, and other florals are also symbolic in the wedding ceremony. Choose your wedding florals that work with your wedding colours and themes. Don’t forget flowers for the ‘moms,’ ‘dads,’ and other important relatives.
- Unity Ceremony Accessories, Candle, Brooms, and Sand. There are many rituals expressing the couple’s unity. In a traditional Christian ceremony, a unity candle is the ritual normally performed; although the sand ceremony is also becoming more common.
- Payments and Tips. If you owe payment to any of your vendors or the officiants, you could decide to bring the cash with you . These outstanding payments must be settled at then end of the event especially if you are heading out of town on your honeymoon.
There are so many things that have to be taken into consideration in planning your wedding. Most couples would say that “tying the knot” requires much patience and an ultimate capability to manage stress, you just have to go back to the very reason of why you are doing it — to be married to the person you want to spend the rest of your life with.
Are you writing your own vows? Let us know in the comment section below. We’d love to see a brief line or two!
Until next time,