Introducing Today’s Guest Blogger
Julia Pavlovski is the owner and lead wedding planner of Wedding Wise based in Seattle, Washington. She specializes in impeccably designed, stress-free planning for lovers of travel and the Pacific Northwest.
NightinGail Photography is delighted to feature Julia’s article on the “Top 5 Reasons to Hire a Day-of Coordinator” on our blog today. We sincerely express our thanks to Julia for allowing us topublish her writing to emphasize the importance of this subject to all wedding clients.
Photo credit with edits by Julia Pavlovski. Headshot by Barrie Anne Photographer.
“I don’t need a day-of coordinator because I have a friend who’s going to help us . . .” or “. . . I want to do it myself.” If I had a nickle for every time I heard those statements, I’d have a piggy bank full of them! Not all brides and grooms understand the true value a day-of-coordinator can bring to your wedding so it becomes a budget line that is often quickly lopped off the list. A professional day-of coordinator has knowledge and experience that can make your wedding day fabulous and stress-free while allowing you to enjoy every minute. Here are the top 5 reasons you should hire a day-of coordinator.
- Vendor Management: Your day-of coordinator will review your vendor contracts prior to the wedding to make sure everything is detailed out according to your wishes. Did the caterer remember to add that champagne toast to your contract? Your coordinator will double check every vendor agreement for you. On the wedding day they will be the main point of contact for all vendors. They will make sure the set up runs smoothly and that everyone knows where they need to be and what their duties are. Most day-of coordinators also take over communications with your vendors for at least the week leading up to your wedding day and that time allows you to relax and pamper yourself before the big day, pack for your honeymoon and finish up any last minute errands.
- Professional, Comprehensive Wedding Day Timeline: A wedding day timeline will take the guesswork out of a wedding day. After speaking with you about how you want your wedding day to flow, your day-of coordinator will put together a minute-by-minute timeline for your entire wedding using their extensive knowledge of how each vendors’ responsibilities overlap and/or rely on each other. A day-of coordinator acts as the air traffic controller, coordinating the many parts of a wedding day and keeping everything moving forward in an orderly fashion.
- Your Wedding Day Vision Flawlessly Executed: Your day-of coordinator will speak with you extensively before your wedding about what your vision is for your big day. Depending on your arrangement, they may even accompany you on a venue walk-through to chat about how you want everything set up. From the largest details like piping-and-draping of the reception space in the right fabric colour to the smallest details like placing your special toasting glasses at your place settings or setting out your escort cards, a day-of coordinator will make sure everything at your wedding is styled according to your desires.
- Peace of Mind: Hire a professional day-of coordinator to keep you from worrying or stressing on your wedding day. No matter what situation or snafu arises on your wedding day, your day-of coordinator will take care of it quickly and quietly. You probably won’t even know what happened!
- Relax and Have Fun With Your Guests: One of my brides recently told me that she hired me as her day-of coordinator because she didn’t want to be in charge on her wedding day. She said she didn’t want people asking her questions or stressing about making sure everything was set up correctly. Perhaps the biggest advantage to having a day-of coordinator is the ability to enjoy and completely revel in your wedding day. Time spent directing vendors is time away from celebrating with your guests and savouring every moment.
So do yourself a favour and entertain the idea of a day-of coordinator for more than just a few minutes. Your time is too valuable on your wedding day to be concerned with all the details. After all the work you’ve put into your wedding, you deserve to have the time of your life and let someone else be in charge on your big day.”
A great article by a great author. Thanks again, Julia, for your insight about this timely topic!
Are you planning on hiring a day-of wedding coordinator? Please let us know in the comment section below.
Until next time,