Now that summer is fast approaching, NightinGail Photography is really booking up those family sessions at the cottage, around the lake, in town and a lot of other places — the list of locations is endless — and we love them all! We think it is probably a good idea to just give you a few suggestions on how to make your next family photo session a stress free one.
Family photos are truly timeless and such a great keepsake for future generations. Getting the family together to take those perfect portraits can turn into chaos if not approached correctly. There is usually a lot more to consider when it comes to a family photo shoot since there are members of all ages, which means that there is some extra coordination involved.
Below are some family photo shoot ideas and tips to keep you and your loved ones calm and smiling the whole way through.
- Timing is everything. If you have younger children involved in the shoot, try and arrange the photo shoot at a time when they would be well rested. A rested child makes for happy photos. On that note, make sure that all family members have gotten enough sleep the night before as this helps with the fun and relaxation aspects of the session.
- Dos and don’ts of bribery. Get your family excited about the photo shoot instead of offering a reward in return for their cooperation. This tends to lead to forced smiles and an irritated bunch of people. If you do have small children coming along it’s not a bad idea to give the photographer some bribery options in the form of toys or small food items to make those difficult moments a little easier
- Relinquish control. As much as you’ll want to direct your children on where to stand and how to pose, it’s best to leave that to the photographer as they know what works best. Not having this pressure will also make you feel more relaxed.
- It’s not just about the posing. The best photos happen when you’re having fun so joke and play with your children, hold your partner’s hand and just let the moments happen.
- Plan ahead. Discuss all of your requirements with your photographer beforehand so that the family photo session can just flow. Let your photographer know if you want specific pictures taken.
- Keep those sugar levels up. If everyone is well fed, the photo shoot will also run a lot smoother. It’s also not a bad idea to take a few snacks and some water along for those who might need it.
Enjoy capturing your memories and NightinGail Photography looks forward to shooting you again this year!
Book Your Spring Mini Session Today
As an incentive to try our services, we are booking mid-week mini sessions around our local area… These sessions are 20 minutes, on location at either Head Lake Park, Haliburton or the rustic village at Sir Sanford Fleming, Haliburton only. A session is comprised of up to four (4) persons with any babies being able to sit up by themselves only – no newborns, Pets count as part of the total number of people). The cost is $225 plus HST and includes 20 minutes of shooting time and 15 fully retouched high resolution images, ready for printing, delivered by download only. Sessions are limited and are on a first-come, first serve basis — a retainer of $125 and a signed contract are required to hold your space with the remainder of the balance payable due 48 hours prior to your session. To book one of the dates and times shown below, please complete the booking form below or e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org with your chosen date and time in the subject line and 2 alternates in the message. We will send you all the details! Looking forward to some great times…..
June 27st – HALIBURTON MUSEUM RUSTIC VILLAGE (rain date June 28th)
3:30 p.m. – BOOKED
4:00 p.m. – BOOKED
4:30 p.m. – BOOKED
5:00 p.m. – BOOKED
Please book here with your choice of date and time. HST will be added at checkout.
Looking forward to meeting you all!